The Cawthron Analytical Science team is available on contract to provide assessments, advice and training on quality management systems and test methods to laboratories throughout the Pacific region.
This is particularly relevant to those working toward obtaining international accreditation for the testing of export products. The consulting services can be offered either on site or by hosting Pacific region laboratory staff at our labs in Nelson, New Zealand.
- a wide range of expertise – we focus on delivering quality results and carry accreditation for a wide range of chemical and microbiological testing in our own laboratory
- experience – Cawthron's staff have assisted with projects in Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and the Philippines
- training – to assist laboratories with meeting compliance requirements for ISO 17025 accreditation, we provide training in quality management, method writing, calibration, instrument training, quality systems and manual writing
- internationally recognised staff – the expertise of our technical staff in ISO quality systems is highly regarded both nationally and internationally
- flexibility – we can come to you, or you can come to us. Staff from Pacific Island laboratories have spent up to six months based at the Cawthron laboratory learning about the application of quality systems, testing and use of instrumentation.
Watch more Cawthron videos on Vimeo.
We are pleased to help colleagues in Pacific Island laboratories to build their own capability. Instead of sending material away to be tested, they can now do the testing themselves, within their own shores.
For further information please contact Nico Van Loon, Group Manager Laboratory Services.