- New Zealand Certificate in Science
Role at Cawthron
Joy is responsible for the regulatory requirements of all auditing agencies – International Accreditation of New Zealand (IANZ), Medsafe and the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA). She controls all internal and customer audits, and implementation of the quality systems based on ISO17025.
Joy is also a consultant to other laboratories, helping them prepare for internal audits and implement quality systems.
Relevant experience and background
- Quality Manager since 2003
- Assistance to laboratories throughout the Pacific in setting up systems to comply with international accreditation requirements
- Section head of microbiology 1989–1993
- Appointed to the Ministry of Primary Industries' Laboratory Approval Scheme (LAS) Consultative Panel as a seafood expert