- MSc (Water Pollution Control). Middlesex University, 1999
- BE (Chemical and Materials). University of Auckland, 1986
Role at Cawthron
Ross is an environmental scientist with a background in process engineering and geochemistry and has 8 years of professional environmental consulting experience in New Zealand.
At Cawthron, Ross' work focuses on the areas of contaminant fate and environmental impact assessment. He has overseen projects for the assessment of effects from coastal reclamations, port developments and discharges (stormwater, municipal and industrial) to riverine, estuarine and coastal environments.
Technical skills, experience and interests
- Environmental impact assessment and monitoring
- Water and sediment quality impact evaluations
- Permitting and wastewater discharge evaluations
- Field operations, equipment and sampling
- Benthic community analysis
- Dredging impacts and monitoring
- OSH certified scientific diver
- New Zealand Coastal Society
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC)
- Sneddon R 2014. Sediment characterisation for 2013 maintenance dredging of Lyttelton Inner Harbour. Cawthron Report 2447. Prepared for Lyttelton Port of Christchurch Ltd. 12 pages plus appendices.
- Sneddon R 2011. Port Nelson long term monitoring programme: 2011 survey. Cawthron Report 1967. Prepared for Port Nelson Ltd and Nelson City Council. 26 pages plus appendices.
- Sneddon R 2011. Assessment of effects on benthic ecology from capital dredging in the approaches to Port of Napier. Cawthron Report 2014. Prepared for Port of Napier Ltd. 36 pages.
- Sneddon R 2011. Contaminant monitoring of Port Lyttelton seabed: 2011. Cawthron Report 1961. Prepared for Environment Canterbury. 25 pages.
- Sneddon R 2011. Survey of benthic contaminant levels and distribution in Port Lyttelton sediments. Cawthron Report 1960. Prepared for Lyttelton Port of Christchurch Ltd. 28 pages plus appendices.
- Sneddon R 2011. Assessment of effects on benthic habitats from exploratory well drilling at the Tuatara Rig site in Outer Tasman Bay: Post-Drilling survey. Cawthron Report 1892. Prepared for AWE NZ. 20 pages plus appendices.
- Sneddon R and Clark D 2011. Nelson Fisheries outfall seabed effects survey 2011. Cawthron Report 2029. Prepared for Sealord Group Ltd. 19 pages plus appendices.
- Sneddon R 2011. Investigation of discharges from Cawthron Insitute's Halifax Street Site: Interim Report. Cawthron Report 1910. Prepared for Cawthron Institute. 32 pages plus appendices.
- Sneddon R 2011. Additional benthic sampling within Picton Marina to allow better characterisation of the contaminant status of spoiling from proposed dredging. Cawthron Report 1853a. Appendum to Cawthron Report 1853. Prepared for Port of Marlborough New Zealand Ltd. 13 pages.
- Sneddon R and Johnston O 2010. Assessment for disposal of dredge material from Stage 2 Picton Marina Development. Cawthron Report 1853. Prepared for Port of Marlborough New Zealand. 19 pages.
- Sneddon R 2010. Annual review of resource consent monitoring for Shakespeare Bay, Port Marlborough: 2009-2010. Cawthron Report 1813. Prepared for Port Marlborough NZ Ltd. 18 pages plus appendices.
- Sneddon R 2010. Contaminant monitoring of Port Lyttelton seabed. Cawthron Report 1774. Prepared for Environment Canterbury. 14 pages plus appendices.
- Sneddon R and Asher R 2009. Assessment of estuarine habitats and communities potentially affected by the widening of the Mariri causeway at three intersections. Cawthron Report 1666. Prepared for Opus International Consultants Ltd and New Zealand Transport Agency. 17 pages.
- Barter PJ , Sneddon R, Clarke K and Dunmore R 2007. Shakespeare Bay stormwater consent monitoring: 2007. Cawthron Report 1327. Prepared for Port Marlborough New Zealand Ltd. 17 pages plus appendices.
- Sneddon R, Dunmore R and Barter PJ 2007. Assessment of effects on benthic ecology from options for the expansion of Waikawa marina. Cawthron Report 1329. Prepared for Sounds Property Holdings Ltd. 55 pages plus appendices.
- Sneddon R, Orueetxebarria M, Hodson ME, Schofield PF and Valsami-Jones E 2006. Use of bone meal amendments to immobilise Pb, Zn and Cd in soil: A leaching column study. Environmental Pollution 144(3): 816-825.
- Sneddon R 2005. Assessment of effects to the Coastal Marine Area from NZAS discharges: A review of collected data. Cawthron Report 1031. Report prepared for NZ Aluminium Smelters Ltd. 67 pages.
- Sneddon R, Garelick H and Valsami-Jones E 2005. An investigation into arsenic(V) removal from aqueous solutions by hydroxylapatite and bone-char. Mineralogical Magazine 69(5): 769-780.