- PhD (Fisheries Biology). University of Otago, 2002
- MSc (Fisheries Biology). University of Bergen, 1992
- BSc (Fisheries Biology). Shanghai Fisheries University, 1983
Role at Cawthron
Weimin is a fisheries biologist within the Coastal and Freshwater Group, specialising in ecological modelling, fisheries stock modelling and the trophic dynamics of marine ecosystems.
Technical skills, experience and interests
- Marine food web analysis
- Age and growth study
- Fish stock assessment
- New Zealand Marine Sciences Society
- Holmes R, Hayes JW, Jiang W, Quarterman A and Davey LN 2014. Emigration and mortality of juvenile brown trout in a New Zealand headwater tributary. Ecology of Freshwater Fish. Volume 23, Issue 4, 631–643.
- Knight BR and Jiang W 2014. Use of remote sensing to monitor water quality in Hawke Bay. Cawthron Report 2443. Prepared for Hawke's Bay Regional Council. 13 pages plus appendices.
- Jiang W and Knight BR 2013. Development of indicator bacteria web-tool for the Motueka River. (http://glimmer.rstudio.com/cawthronwebr/bactiMod/).
- Knight BR and Jiang W 2012. Indicator bacteria modelling decision support tool for recreational beaches affected by the Motueka River plume. Cawthron Report 2122. Prepared for Tasman District Council (TDC). 26 pages plus appendices.
- Clark D, Newcombe EM, Forrest RW, Keeley N, Taylor DI, Goodwin E and Jiang W 2012. Stage one development of subzones (I) and (K) in Tasman Bay AMA 3: Summary Report - Addendum. Cawthron Report 2176A. Prepared for Tasman Mussels Limited and Tasman Bay Ring Road Farming Limited. 70 pages plus appendices.
- Clark D, Newcombe EM, Forrest RW, Keeley N, Taylor DI, Goodwin E and Jiang W 2012. Stage one development of subzones (P) and (Q) in Golden Bay AMA 2: Summary Report. Prepared for Golden Bay Ring Road Farming Ltd. 73 pages plus appendices.
- Sinner J, Clark D, Ellis J, Roberts B, Jiang W, Goodwin E, Hale L, Rolleston S, Patterson M, Hardy D, Prouse E and Brown S 2011. Health of Te Awanui Tauranga harbour. Cawthron Report 1969. Manaaki Taha Moana Research Report 1. 129 pages.
- Hopkins GA, Forrest BM, Jiang W and Gardner JPA 2011. Successful eradication of a non-indigenous marine bivalve from a subtidal soft sediment environment. Journal of Applied Ecology 48(2): 424-431.
- Knight BR, Goodwin E, Jiang W and Carbines G 2010. Development of settlement model for Marlborough Sounds Blue cod (Parapercis Colias). Cawthron Report 1707. Prepared for Ministry of Fisheries. 34 pages plus appendices.
- Batstone CJ, Goodwin E and Jiang W 2009. Marlborough Sounds recreational fisher characterisation. Cawthron Report 1647. Prepared for the Ministry of Fisheries, New Zealand.
- Knight BR and Jiang W 2009. Assessing primary production constraints in New Zealand fisheries. Fisheries Research, 100(1): 15-25.
- Goodwin E, Cornelisen CD, Knight BR and Jiang W 2008. MTAD marine physical report: Forecasted effects of amended freshwater discharge on the low-salinity layer in Doubtful Sound. Cawthron Report 1533. Prepared for Meridian Energy Ltd. 150 pages plus appendices.
- Jiang W and Gibbs M 2005. Predicting the carrying capacity of shellfish culture using steady, linear food web models. Aquaculture, 244: 171-185.
- Carbines G, Jiang W and Beenties MP 2004. The impact of oyster dredging on the growth of blue cod, Parapercis colias, in Foveaux Strait, New Zealand. Aquatic Conservation. Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems. 14: 491-504.
- Jiang W 2003. Age, growth and feeding ecology of five co-occurring fishes in Southern New Zealand. PhD Thesis, University of Otago.
- Jiang W and Carbines G 2002. Diet of blue cod, Parapercis colias, living on undisturbed biogenic reefs and on seabed modified modified by oyster dredging in Foveaux Strait, New Zealand. Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems, 12(3): 257-272.
- Jiang W, Wei S and Chen R 1998. Dietary overlap between Charybdis Japonica and Portunus trituberculatus in the Bohai Sea. Marine Fishery Research. 19: 53-59.
- Jiang W and Jorgensen T 1996. The diet of haddock (Melanogrammus aeglefinus L.) in the Barents Sea during the period 1984-1991. ICES Journal of Marine Science. 53: 11-21.