Bachelor of Science in Biological and Marine Sciences. University of Auckland, 2000
Role at Cawthron
Lisa is a member of the Coastal Ecosystems team at Cawthron and contributes GIS mapping expertise across other Coastal and Freshwater groups. She is a marine ecologist with 10+ years’ experience in science and consultancy projects around New Zealand and the South Pacific.
Her work broadly focuses on the influence of anthropogenic activities on coastal ecological systems. This involves mapping and analyzing the distributions of species, coastal habitats, and industrial infrastructure, activities and associated emissions.
Technical skills, experience and interests
- GIS mapping: Marine habitats - estuaries and harbours, species distributions and spread of non-indigenous pests, satellite image analysis, shipping networks and coastal infrastructure
- Biological surveys: biodiversity inventories, targeted species surveillance, fish and invertebrate community structure assessments
- Environmental monitoring, sediment and water sample analyses, larval recruitment experiments
- Parataxonomy (marine invertebrates and algae) and sample archiving
- Kelly D, Peacock L and Jiang W 2016. Nutrient management for Northland's dune lakes. Prepared for Northland Regional Council. 65 pages plus appendices.
- Kelly D, Schallenberg M, Waters S, Shearer K and Peacock L 2016. A calibrated ecological health assessment for Southland lakes. Prepared for Environment Southland. 56 pages plus appendices.
- Berthelsen A, Gillespie PA, Clement D and Peacock L 2015. State of the environment monitoring of Wairau Estuary. Prepared for Marlborough District Council. 62 pages plus appendices.
- Dunmore R, Peacock L, Taylor D and Keeley N 2015. Bathymetric and sonar imaging survey of the Akaroa Marine Reserve and reference area. Prepared for Department of Conservation. 18 pages.
- Dunmore R, Peacock L, Taylor D and Keeley N 2015. Surveys of customary sites in Akaroa Harbour. Prepared for Ministry for Primary Industries. 27 pages plus appendices.
- Dunmore R, Keeley N and Peacock L 2015. Reef environmental monitoring results for the Clay Point and Te Pangu salmon farms: 2014. Prepared for New Zealand King Salmon Company Limited. 25 pages plus appendices.
- Dunmore R and Peacock L 2015. Bluff Point ocean outfall: subtidal marine ecology survey. Prepared for MWH New Zealand Ltd. 23 pages plus appendix.
- Peacock L, Sneddon R and Morrisey D 2015. Benthic survey for the relocated Picton wastewater treatment plant outfall 2014. Prepared for Marlborough District Council. 21 pages plus appendices.
- Sneddon R, Newcombe E, Dunmore R and Peacock L 2014. Motueka wastewater treatment plant: baseline study and water quality assessment for a proposed marine outfall. Prepared for Tasman District Council. 46 pages plus appendices.
- Peacock L, Dunmore R and Sneddon R 2014. South Port seabed and wharf monitoring: 2014. Prepared for South Port New Zealand Ltd. 15 pages plus appendices.
- Peacock L, Dunmore R and Sneddon R 2014. New Zealand Aluminium Smelters Ltd: Seabed and wharf monitoring: 2014. Prepared for New Zealand Aluminium Smelters Ltd. 13 pages plus appendices.